This morning our group took the tube, a train, and then a bus to the Burghley House. This is the house, if you recall, where Elizabeth Bennet first meets Lady Catherine de Bourgh in the lovely film "Pride and Prejudice." The enormous mansion consists of over 200 rooms; it is HUGE! On our exquisite tour we were able to see the dining room where Miss Bennet dines with Lady de Bourgh. The mansion was surrounded with beautiful gardens also! We weren't able to take photos of the inside, but here are some of my favorites of the outside:
 |
| I have no idea what this plant is, but it was gorgeous! |
 |
| The front-ish of Burghley |
 |
| Kinda cheesey, but can you see the heart? |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
The weather today didn't help my cold/fever that I somehow managed to catch, but I actually did decently, thankfully, and wasn't too achy. I guess this was the first rain the town of Petersborough has received a good rain within the past few months, so I'm sure the farmers were thankful.
The rest of our adventures took place in the town where a scene was also filmed in "Pride and Prejudice;" it was the one with all the shops and where the militia march down the streets. It was a cute little place!
Yes I did see the heart, before I read about it. Nice Blog!!! Love KrisSF
ReplyDeleteOr is it a smile of the face in the tree. You have a lovely Blog!!!, Thanks, Hope you fill better. Love KrisSF
ReplyDelete