First we visited Gaudi's cathedral, Sagrada Familia ("sacred family"). To be completely honest, when we first studied this cathedral in history, I did not like it. It just goes to show how learning about something makes your appreciation grow for it, as I know love the Sagrada Familia! So don't be too quick to judge a building by its facade...
| Very pretty stained glass inside- didn't expect that! |
Barcelona can be characterized by the use of cracked ceramics and glass in various types of work and art. This curved and continuous bench, also done by Gaudi, uses this style:
| The benches from afar. I thought it was neat how they curved, especially if you're in a big group because then you can have your own "cove." |
| William and I on the bench. |
| Really liked this one! |
| You can't see the color too well in this picture, but it was a pretty green with the aluminum color. |
| I liked the digital-speckley-ness of this facade. |
| Interesting material/design for a builidng. |
No comments:
Post a Comment