Today I decided to catch up on some sleep and relax a bit, which worked out nicely since it was rainy anyways. So after a nice church service, back to sleep I went.
For dinner, Jessica and I made spaghetti and fruit salad- an interesting mix, but delicious nonetheless. We thought our plates looked pretty, and so we took pictures:
 |
| We bought these fresh berries from a handsome street vendor the day we went to the British Museum. |
 | |
Doesn't it look delicious? I think all the meal needed was something green to give it a complete look.
I think today would be a great day to post some pictures that I didn't get a chance to post on previous days - maybe some of the highlights of my trip so far. I think seeing my first double-decker bus was definitely exciting, though it wasn't the traditional kind with the open top. This photo was taken right after we had settled into our flat and had started a little tour of the town.
One thing I love about London is that every street is photogenic! I love the architectural aspect of the city. After looking around, I can easily see how young our country is just by looking at the architectural differences. This is also our first day on our walking tour. I felt like taking a picture of every building because they were all so beautiful.
I had to get pictures by these turquoise garages. They were too cute to not!
The little details make me happy inside; you can't see it too well here, but there were stringed lights on the patio with the greenery.
This is just around the corner from our flat and we would have never known if it wasn't on our way to church!
Even pretty in the rain...
More old- really old- architecture in York. And again, we don't have this old of stuff in the U.S. It's just so amazing. One other thing aside from architecture and design that I love about England is the language. Every thing sounds so much proper when you put it with their accent; I can hardly take a scary-looking guy seriously once I hear them speak. A few things I've learned is that they call the sidewalk a 'footway.' They also often say "Cheers!" in certain situations instead of 'thank you,' which I think is darling, especially when coming from little kids.
| |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
No comments:
Post a Comment