Friday, June 24, 2011

A visit to the Dead - Day 30

This morning we went to Père Lachaise Cemetery where many famous people have been laid to rest, one of the most well know being Jim Morrison. The famous muscian, Chopin, is also buried there, as well as writer and play write Oscar Wilde. 
The entrance to the cemetary

Jim's grave. I thought a peace sign was appropriate.

I thought this tombstone was really interesting - you don't really see color like this on any.
Next stop: the Luxembourg Gardens. This was a pretty big hang-out place for family and friends it seemed like. We stopped here and sketched for a bit. Very pretty!
Palm trees!


I ended the evening at the Eiffel Tower with a few friends to give a final goodbye. We enjoyed some pastries as well as sketching:
Kind of neat with the sun shining through the structure

Me, Rachel, Benae and Jessica

The best tasting was the raspberry tart- at the top. So good!


No comments:

Post a Comment