Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Sacré-Coeur and Eiffel Tower Climb

Sacré-Coeur
This afternoon our group ventured to the Basilica Sacré-Coeur, a Roman Catholic church. This Basilica was completed just is 1914, and marks the highest point in the city of Paris. I decided on a whim to climb it myself to capture the great views - and it was worth it! I would certainly do it again, and I'd love to see it at sunset. 
See the Eiffel Tower? Amazing views!
A lot of white buildings, but I like it.
Me and Eiffel
More views! That green area is where we walked up from
After a little bit of shopping and grabbing a bite to eat, a little group of us girls went to the Eiffel Tower, this time to climb to the  top. We tried hitting it at sunset, but the overcast didn't help much. But needless to say, it was still beautiful. We climbed 700 steps to the second floor - the highest you can go without the elevator.
On our way to the top!

The steps were quite the workout, but we made it!!

And oh how beautiful it was! We tried to make it so we could  see the sunset on our way up and  then see the night lights at the top, but there were too many clouds. But I still loved the night view!

No comments:

Post a Comment