Thursday, June 2, 2011

One week mark!

Today we visited the British and Sir John Soane museums. The British museum is huge, but we only had about 50 minutes to look around. I spent most of my time in the Egyptian and Greek sections, which were pretty amazing actually. The atrium part of the museum was designed by Norman Foster, one of the many architects we learned about in history. 
The Atrium

Statue of Ramses II. I think it's attractive.

Loved this little owl! His left pupil was lost I'm afraid.

Just loved the colors and beautiful stonework.

HUGE ionic capitals.

I thought this was a really pretty entablature piece.

More of the atrium. I really love the mix of the old and new architecture.

Outside of the British Museum



One of the treats I had today was gelato. I'd never had it before, but it is truly divine! I got one scoop of vanilla and one scoop of peach in a cone- pure, luscious, simply divine peaches they were! I also loved the actual gelato cafe interior. I have NO idea why i didn't get some pictures of it. Hmm,guess I just might have to go back. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment