Saturday, June 25, 2011

Hola Summertime in Barcelona!

Wow- I can't believe it actually feels like SUMMER. It is so warm and beautiful here in Barcelona! After our flight, we spent the afternoon and evening touring around the exciting city with William, our tour guide. I was actually really surprised at all of the neat architecture that exists in Barcelona; I didn't expect there to be so much or for it to be so awesome. I've also really enjoyed the fun atmosphere; there's such a neat culture here.
Telecommunication Tower by Santiago Calatrava- one of the architects  we've studied. Just goes to show how diverse the field is! You don't have to always stick with buildings.

Our first view of the Mediterranean!!! Sooo pretty and blue.
 
This was a really neat idea for a fountain, I thought, that we saw while touring some of the shops around the city.

I thought this was a creative and useful idea of scenery. This reflection the building gives actually gives you a view of the ocean, if you can see at the very top of the slanted wall. (sorry- not the best angle I shot) 

Building by Richard Meir - an architect that loves white!

Meat any one?? This is in the local market we walked through.

How about octopus?

Okay, what about rabbit? Grossed me out a bit.

I thought this was a really cool idea on incorporating a logo into somewhere you wouldn't normally think to put it - in this case a cashier and supply area, I believe, to an outside dining area.

And now for where we slept - it was so wonderful!

Very nice bathrooms as well! Though it was a little dark - it could have used some more lighting, esp. in the actual shower. It felt like I was in a cave. But very nice and cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment