Sunday, June 19, 2011

Busy Sabbath (oxymoron?)

Bound and determined, we traveled around all morning and afternoon trying to find a place where we could attend a church meeting. What an adventure that was. The first place was a garage in the wall:
Turns out they didn't meet here today. But we finally found it in the middle of  a creepy neighborhood! And made it back alive.
The other place we found actually had people! And not nearly as creepy. In fact it was very nice. But we got there just when it ended. All well, we tried.
The church building was located in the middle of a courtyard inside a street block.  I love the old buildings and how they are still used purposefully!
We also wanted to attend Mass at Notre Dame, but not too unsurprisingly, we also missed that. We went in and looked around anyways, of course. Some things I really like were the altar and stained glass.
Notre Dame Cathedral

Prayer Candles - only a few of the many

I really like this color of green on the stain glass, and also the color combo. A little different than the usual.
I didn't expect a modern altar in an old cathedral, but I think the color choice is what made it look good in the midst of the cathedral. I kinda like it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment